Friday, February 29, 2008

My first sale!

I made my first sale on Etsy yesterday. I'm so glad someone bought something in the first day. Now I don't have to agonize over whether or not I'm going to sell the van load of things I bought in Las Vegas over the last weekend.

Here's what I sold:



A pair of Gucci shoes.









For whatever reason, my eBay sales are practically non-existent. I listed a bunch of really great stuff last week and only sold three things. All three sold for the opening bid. It's depressing. Plus I bought a dress form before I left town and it arrived without the base. The seller left ME a negative feedback. *sigh* I have those shirts that Nick modeled for me up right now, but nothing...a lot of watchers, no buyers. I'm wondering if it's still the boycott keeping sales low?

Well, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll list where ever seems appropriate. I like the feeling at Etsy, it feels far less bloated than eBay. I have some ideas for making things, too, which I could sell on Etsy along with my vintage. Kevin figured out a way to make a stand for my base-less dress form (he's so cleaver!) So I'll take some pictures today and see where it all leads.

Cross your fingers that it doesn't all lead right back to being a full-time substitute, huh?

No comments: