Sunday, October 28, 2007

Casey Junior

One of Ely's MANY (tongue firmly in cheek) claims to fame is the Ghost Train. At the tail end of the summer we took the kids in the summer youth program I was the director of to ride the train and my kids got to come along (Adrienne and Nick were too old to join the program and Ruby was too young.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The train is a really awesome part of living out here. Twice a day you can hear the whistles blowing and the train making it's way slowly (SLOWLY) down the track. The steam engine goes from Ely to Ruth and the diesel engine goes from Ely to McGill. We saw a little herd of Antelope in one the bottoms that you can't see from the highway, that was real cool.

Every Christmas the steam engine gets dressed up like the Polar Express. I can hardly wait!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Shylah said...

Holy wow.. is that Ruby?

I was just looking through my pictures of Ely the other day after I told a friend of mine about how we got snowed in on Mother's Day up there. That was such a great trip.

There's a house not far from where we live now that's purple with a red door, and it cracks me up every time I pass it, because it makes me think of you.

I miss you, yanno.