Saturday, May 26, 2007

Stuck

Our loan is stalled for a couple of weeks. I've decided I'm not going to be upset. If the loan doesn't happen, we'll get our ernest money back, and we'll just--wait. I have to trust that things happen for a reason.

If it does happen, then we'll move in and I'll be happy. I can't let myself get too caught up in what the housing market is doing. We aren't buying our house as an investment. We plan to live in it for a long time. It's scary to think about being stuck upside down in a mortgage, but at least it is a manageable mortgage that we can easily afford.

We both have jobs that should last when TSHTF. The house is large enough to rent part of it out if we have to.

I feel like I'm trying to talk myself into something. I hate feeling so up in the air and unsettled.

I'm working on a short story for an e-publisher. Keep your fingers crossed for me, eh? Every penny we can bring in to pay off our debts and work on building some equity in our house will be a blessing. If I can help with those goals by writing, that would be amazing.

1 comment:

kiskar said...

Hey Shaunta,

Funny to find you here. What ever happened to you and the Pennywise stuff? Were you successful in your year of thrift? Would love to hear how it all turned out for you. Post a blog about it! - K. :)