Monday, June 11, 2007

Wait...wait...wait some more

We were finally able to get our credit score where it needed to be to finalize our loan. We should be able to move in to the house in a couple of weeks.

I guess the sellers are balking about going past the June 15th closing date. No chance our loan will close by then. If they back out, I'm not going to cry. I'm going to move on. We already have the loan in place, it'll just be a matter of choosing a different house.

I found this single-wide mobile home on five acres for less than half what we offered on our house. It's totally unimproved land--five acres of sage brush, except for the trailer and the area immediately around it. The payment would be so low, however, that we could easily afford to manage the land.

If the sellers won't sign off on letting us have more time, we are going to look at that mobile home. It's tiny--really too small, although it does have three bedrooms. And is twice the size of our current apartment. The one thing that's holding me back from backing out the house myself and moving forward on the other property is how far it is from town. It'll be about a ten mile drive for Kevin to get to work, rather than a half mile walk. The kids will have to be bussed to school. On the other hand, it's much closer to my job, maybe two miles instead of twelve.

When PO hits, I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere. That's why I wanted the house we're buying--it's walking distance to everything but my job (and my job is transferable to a school within walking distance.) And it has enough land for a decent garden. The land is already fertile.

The waiting game is killing me!

No comments: