Monday, July 14, 2008

I was busy doing a happy dance

Have you missed me? Wanna know what I was up to?

Yeah. I was selling my first book. As in a story that I wrote. That will be published. By a publisher who read it and liked it (after extensive rewrites.) With my name on it.

I sold a freakin' book, ya'll!

It's a novella called Keeper and I sold it to Pink Petal Books. It'll be available in October as a stand alone eBook, and then sometime later as part of a print anthology.

Here's the blurb I wrote about it:

When Jude Felini, a cat-shifter, learns that the woman he’s loved all his life, a bird-shifter named Avery Dove, carries a hormone that has addicted a non-shifter to her, he has only one chance to save her from being quarantined in an isolated sanitarium. He must resurrect a long-dead shifter ritual, the Triad Sacrament, in order to bind Avery’s pheromones to his and convince the Coalition of Shape Shifters that she can’t addict anyone else.


I'm headed to the Romance Writers of America national conference in two weeks. It's in San Francisco which is close enough to me to make it feasible. And I get to wear a little "I sold my first book" ribbon! And you know I will. Probably after I get home, too.

No comments: