Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Garden Friends

Ruby found a lady bug in the garden today. I love lady bugs. They're so kick ass, eating all those nasty aphids up.








In other news, my lettuce, cantaloupe, and watermelon have sprouted. I planted some garlic and nasturtiums. My zucchini and broccoli are hanging in there, but look a little worse for the wear. I put the birdhouse gourds that Ruby and I planted outside yesterday and they're doing fine. The transplanted eggplant and peppers are doing fine. The tomatoes, not so much. Two of them are looking okay, but the rest are worse for the wear for sure. My strawberries are still iffy. I did notice some new growth on a couple of them today, so that's encouraging. I have a feeling that they're going come back next year and not do too much for me this year.

I finished the short story I've been working on. I'd love to have a couple of beta readers if anyone is interested. Just comment, or send me a note to shauntagrimes at gmail dot com. It's a little on the spicy side, so be forewarned.

No comments: