Sunday, June 8, 2008

First Swim of the Season

There is one public pool in White Pine County. It's a little man-made lake that for a hundred years the county has maintained. There are slides and diving boards, and a little concrete island called the Cat Walk that kids jump off of.

Yesterday was the season opener party. It's funny to me how temperature feels different up here. The high yesterday was 67 degrees. I was cold enough to wear a jacket when the wind kicked up, but warm enough to wear shorts and a tank top under it. The pool is fed by a warm springs, so there were eleventy billion kids in there. But in Las Vegas 67 degrees is cold enough that you wouldn't consider swimming. It certainly doesn't feel like summer.

Anywho...some pics!

My girls:



Ruby chomping down on a dog before she realized I have in deed turned into my mother and wasn't going to let her go back into the water for twenty minutes.



Nick coming out of the bottom of a slide.



The real Sandy Cheeks:



What I saw when I lay on my back:

No comments: