Thursday, March 22, 2007

House--still

We made the offer day before yesterday. Hopefully we'll hear something today. Waiting is driving me insane, but I guess it's a good exercise in patience.

Another house came on the market yesterday, on the same street just a block down. It's newer, bigger, (five bedrooms vs. three in the one we made an offer on) and in better repair. They're asking $165,000 and offering $5,000 cash back if you pay the full price. That's effectively $160,000. Makes me feel better about the price we offered, and shores up our decision about what price we won't go over.

I found a bunkbed on Craig's List for a hundred bucks including the mattresses. The little apartment we're renting is so tiny, Adrienne and Nick are going to have to share a room for a couple of months. They're both going to hate it, and I don't blame them, but we have to do what we have to do. So they'll use the bunks and then when we move into a house Nick can have them in his room. Or Ruby can.

I have a lot to say about a lot of stuff, and I'm sorry that I haven't gotten into much beyond my own housing situation yet. I will, I promise. Just as soon as I have a second to think about something beyond where my family will live.

No comments: