Saturday, March 17, 2007

Me and mine

I heard about Peak Oil six months ago. My life hasn't been the same since.

I guess I'm starting this blog as a way of feeling my way through the strange changes the next few years surely hold.

I have a husband, Kevin. Three kidlings--Adrienne is 14, Nick is 13 and Ruby is 2. Today we live in Las Vegas. In two weeks we'll be living in Ely, a rural Northeastern Nevada town. We're renting a tiny two-bedroom apartment for the kids and I. Kevin is staying for three months in Vegas with his parents to work and put away a little money before his job starts in July.

There is a house I love in Ely. One with a magical backyard that calls to me. I'm way too emotionally attached to it, and I'm working on being over that before we get to Ely and make an offer on the house. We're planning on offering half of what they're asking. That's $95,000 for a house they want $190,000 for. Two years they wanted $80,000 and were unable to sell it.

So welcome to the ride.

No comments: