Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Warm Soil and a Bright Sun

I have made a goal for myself. I am going to do something in my yard every day. It's warm enough that I need to be watering. I wish I had some sort of ground cover other than grass, but I don't want to let the grass completely die and then the soil get all dried out and icky. Plus we rent, and the grass was there to start with. I have no problems planting something else there instead, but until I get there I'm going to take care of the grass to some extent.

Today's plan is to prepare a bed for peas and lettuce and cabbage. This week I'd also like to get one 4X4 plot ready. Top soil is on sale at the variety store (yes, that's what they call it out here in the sticks. Like a mini-non-big-box Walmart with a bit of everything in it.) I bought two bags and a bag of manure to amend my pea/lettuce/cabbage garden.

My allergies are killing me. I've had to sneeze for three hours and it won't come. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can take allergy medicine now, but I want to research more natural remedies, because the time may come when I need to work outdoors without the aide of medication.

I'm quite happy with my Independence Days experiment. Can't wait until Friday when I'll write a nice long post about the progress.

I am quite unhappy with some changes at Etsy, where my vintage clothing store is. They changed the search function so that it's default is to block all vintage and supplies from showing up when a buyer is looking for something to buy. They can opt-in to vintage, but it's difficult to find and clearly few are finding it. My views have gone from about 200 to about 20 an hour. Sucks. I am in the process of trying to think of ways to over come that. Wish me luck.

No comments: