Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm back from my trip.

What a trip!

I did a lot of soul searching. An UNBELIEVABLE amount of shopping. Spent some time with people I really like. It was just a really good weekend all around.

The class (it's called Partners in Policymaking. I have a feeling you'll be hearing a lot about this from me in the months to come, so I'm just calling it Partners, if you don't mind) was incredible. The main gist of it is that every year this group puts on an eight month long class to teach people to advocate either for themselves if they have a disabled, or for their child or family member who has a disability. I was invited, of course, because I'm the mother of a child with autism.

I want to tell you all about it. I'm so fired up. This is where the soul searching comes in. It just became so clear to me that this is what I want to do. I don't want to be a teacher. What was I thinking? Wasn't it clear enough by the fact that I feel sick everyday that I have to work? Anyway. I'm going to share more about the class with you tomorrow.

I shopped. Did I mention that? I think I hit every thrift store in Las Vegas. And then some. Kevin took the backseat out of the van before I left. The van was packed nearly to the ceiling. I got some scrumptious things...wait until you see! I'm in the process of processing it, washing, mending, stain-busting, etc.

Here are some pictures I took of a couple purses I found. What do you think of my model?




























I finally opened an Etsy store today. I spent most of the day figuring it out and getting some things listed. I'd love some feedback...what do you think? eBay isn't working out...it's different now. I can't explain it. I don't think it has anything to do with the fee changes or anything like that, except that it is bringing out this unbelievable sense of entitlement in both buyers and sellers. I'm going to give Etsy a real shot and list the things I bought this weekend there, and see where it leads. Anyway...check it out for me, huh?
My Etsy name is enigmavintage.

No comments: