Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just some musings

I'm getting excited about going to Las Vegas again. Shopping is a whole 'nother experience when you have to drive for four hours to get to it!

I went to our little local thrift store yesterday and picked up a few things. A pair of cute red 80s heels and a neat hunter green 1960s prom dress that had been hemmed into a minidress/tunic. But I want to fill my van up again!

Who's watching the stock market? It's all wonky. Way up and way down, then reverse. I'm really afraid that we are deep into the beginning of something huge and not very nice. It scares me that when I talk about my fears of a second Great Depression, no one laughs me off anymore. I think that on some level I having most everyone I know (even smart people) think I was nuts was a little comforting. That layer of comfort has been stripped.

This list has some really good ideas for preparing for whatever level of fall we have coming. It's a non-food stock-up list. There is so much floating around about how to keep a store of food, but man doesn't live on food alone, you know? I have a goal of making strides every time I go to Las Vegas toward making sure my family is prepared. This time, I'm going to stock up on some cheap, soft flannel shirts and make some pads. TMI? Sorry, but this is a serious issue. I'd rather not have my daughter be like those African girls who have to skip school for a week every month. Me, either, for that matter.

No comments: