Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Math Queen, She Has Arrived

I took my math placement test at the college yesterday afternoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I tested into Math 096. That's Intermediate Algebra, thank you very much. To you, that might not seem like a big thing. To me, it's amazing. Two months ago I tested into Math 091, which meant I would have to take three math classes before I could take the math class I need to graduate. Testing into Math 096 means I only need that class, and then I can take Math 120, which is the class I need. I am SO excited.

I also talked to the--I don't know her title. Adviser? Anyway, I talked to her about my major. I'm studying Social Work, but I keep feeling a pull toward special education. There is this certificate my school offers for people who have a bachelor's degree already and want to teach. There's about 30 credits, plus student teaching. I need 35 elective credits for my BSW, so I asked if I could use 30 of them for the required classes for that certificate. Turns out I can. The school doesn't have a set program for getting a special education certificate, but she's going to look into that for me. If the answer is yes, then I can take the 30 credits with my BSW, and after I graduate I'll only need to do my student teaching.

Did you all have a wonderful Halloween? We took the kids out to their grandparents house. Boy is trick-or-treating ever a different experience in a small town. Everyone knows everyone, there were zillions of kids out, every house was lit up. Ruby was dressed like a little dinosaur. I'll try to post pictures tonight.

No comments: